Many people would obviously give many different answers to that question. In the book of John, Jesus gives seven “I am the” statements. In these, not only do I see what Jesus is, but what He is to me.
* “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35) - Jesus is my satisfaction. He fills my life with His love and blessings. If I crave spiritual growth, He
makes sure I find it. If I desire peace, He will grant it. He will never leave me hungry.
* “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12) - Jesus is my enlightenment. When I go to His word for advice, He always show the
right way. I am ever finding great words of truth and wisdom as I search the Scriptures. He will never darken my life.
* “I am the door.” (John 10:9) - Jesus is my passageway. He is the doorway from death to life – the transport from uselessness to
usefulness. As long as I remain faithful to Him, He will never shut me out of heaven’s blessings.
* “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:14) - Jesus is my protector. He watches over my soul and shields me from that which would cause
eternal harm. He will never let Satan the wolf get to me if I do not want him to.
* “I am the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25) - Jesus is my life force. - He is the one who created me, saved me, and continues to
sustain me. He will never let death rule over me.
* “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6) - Jesus is my path to righteousness. He desires what is best for me, and I can find all
truth and goodness in Him. He will never steer me wrong.
* “I am the vine” (John 15:5) - Jesus is my support. He holds me up when I am weak. He strengthens me when I need it. He gives me power to succeed. He will never let me down. Jesus is my everything. Without Him I am nothing. With Him I have everything. It is as the song states: “He is my everything, He is my all; He is my everything, both great and small; He gave His live for me, made everything new; He is my everything, now how about you?”